Alex Bregman: Where will the Astros prospect hit and play?
Where will Alex Bregman Play today?
On yesterday’s Talking Stros with Brian McTaggart, we all felt that Bregman would play a position that he is more comfortable with at third base. During Bregman’s quick ascent to the big leagues, Jeff Luhnow has said that they want him comfortable at the plate before they try him out at a new position.
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered, so the position that he played the most in the minors was at third base. I expect to see him playing third tomorrow with Luis Valbuena at first base. The Astros really like the defense that Marwin Gonzalez offers at first base, so they will try to get Bregman in left field or DH often. Gonzalez is day-to-day now, so Valbuena is the only one who can play first base on the team tomorrow.
When Yulieski Gurriel is ready, Bregman might move out to the outfield to allow Gurriel to play third base for this season. Both Brandon and I think that Bregman is better in the dirt, so he will become the everyday third baseman next year, while Gurriel moves to the outfield or designated hitter. Let’s see how 2016 plays out, but the Astros have multiple options at all positions now.
Next: Where will Bregman bat today?