Week 11 Pitcher:
Doug Fister– 7.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 W, 2.45 ERA, 0.82 WHIP
Fister is continuing to make his case for being the most valuable free agent signing in baseball last offseason.
In his start against the Cardinals on Tuesday night, Fister was yet again dominant. Pitching into the eighth inning for the first time this season, he gave up two earned runs on two solo home runs, while only giving up five hits. He also walked one and struck out six.
More from Astros News
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
Fister has had a masterful June. In his three starts, he is 3-0 with a 1.40 ERA with 14 strikeouts in 19.1 innings. He also only has a 1.03 WHIP, giving up only 16 hits and four walks in those 19.1 innings.
Fister has made a case to be an American League All-Star this season. With only 45.3% of ESPN Fantasy owners having Fister on their roster, they haven’t realized this yet.
If there is any time to pick up Fister, who has given up three earned runs or less in his last 11 starts and who has not lost in a month not named April, it is now.
Next: Now on to Week 12