Win pct: .637
Win pct: .587
Win pct: .679
TRIO TOTALS: 130-74 record (.637 win%), 2.98 ERA, 1.17 WHIP
More from Astros All-Time Lists
- Ryne Stanek is Making History for Houston in 2022
- Astros: Top 5 Managers in Franchise History
- Top 5 Coolest Astros of All-Time
- Best Houston Astros Moments from the 2021 Season
- Astros’ All-Time Lineup in Terms of Career-bWAR
Sure, this trio’s run preceded the collapse from which the Astros are currently emerging, but it all seemed like such a great idea at the time! This group led the Astros to two consecutive Wild Card postseason berths, won their first postseason series ever in 2004 and took them to their first and only World Series to date in 2005. This group put together the best win percentage and ERA of our trios, and as an unsurprising result, put together an amazing 6 top-5 Cy Young finishes between them in the three years they were teammates.
Special distinctions: Clemens won a Cy Young in ’04, led the team in WAR (8.2) in ’05, and was an All-Star each of those seasons. Oswalt was an All-Star in ’05 and ’06 and led the team in WAR (6.1) in ’06.