5th Most Likely Pitcher Traded to the Astros
Jul 18, 2015; Oakland, CA, USA; Oakland Athletics starting pitcher Scott Kazmir (26) pitches during the first inning against the Minnesota Twins at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Bob Stanton-USA TODAY Sports
While I like what Kazmir has to offer to the Astros rotation, I don’t see the division rival Oakland A’s giving the Astros a player that could potentially hurt them down the road. There might be a few calls just to gauge interest and what would be offered, but Billy Beane would hate to give the Astros a big piece unless the A’s win the trade going. Kazmir could be the cheapest option out there because Beane is a Maverick, you have no clue what he will do. Like Cueto, Kazmir has had some injuries or pains this season, and I don’t see the Astros trading prized prospects away for anyone with potential injuries.
- Houston boy, which could make it easier for the Astros to re-sign him.
- Should be relatively cheap.
- Doesn’t have as much wear and tear on his arm after being out of MLB baseball for a year.
- Former top prospect finally living up to potential.
- Would have a good relationship with several players on the Astros, who used to play with the Athletics.
- In-division rival.
- Injuries concern.
- Not much buzz around baseball.
- Could have to pay more than other teams.
More from Astros News
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
As much as I would like to welcome the hometown boy back to Houston, I don’t see the A’s and Astros making a trade. I see him being traded to the Cubs, especially with recent deals between the two clubs. The other bloggers disagreed with me, and he was ranked the #4 player to go to the Astros with 37 points.
For more CTH coverage of Scott Kazmir, click here.
Next: 4th Most Likely Pitcher Traded to the Astros