Sep 26, 2014; Arlington, TX, USA; A view of the field during the game between the Texas Rangers and the Oakland Athletics at Globe Life Park in Arlington. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
Aside from having a name that is too long, Globe Life Park in Arlington is an open air stadium. In Texas. During July and August. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with Rangers fans: too many heat strokes and sunburns from sitting in the stands on a triple-digit day.
In comparison, the Astros had the good sense to put a retractable roof on their stadium. The team can open the roof when the temperature is pleasant, or keep it closed and air-condition the fans when it is not.
Where would you rather watch a game mid-summer?
It wasn’t like you needed any more reasons to root for the Astros when they play that rival team to the north. But in case you run out, you can always return to these.
Let’s go, Astros! Keep that Silver Boot in Houston!
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer