Astros minors: Corpus Christi has won six of their last seven series with a dominant pitching staff and a productive offense. Now it’s time for the playoffs.
The South Division playoff picture was finalized this week. After an 11-3 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday, the Midland Rockhounds clinched the second half title, securing their spot in the Texas League playoffs. For the second consecutive season, the Corpus Christi Hooks and the Rockhounds will meet in the Texas League South Division Championship series. The schedule, courtesy of MiLB.com’s Bob Hards, is as follows:
"Games 1 and 2 are at Whataburger Field in Corpus Christi – Wednesday, September 7 and Thursday, September 8 Games 3, 4 and 5 (if necessary) at Security Bank Ballpark – Friday, September 9 (Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11 are if necessary)"
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
Monday: San Antonio L 3-6
Tuesday: @ Frisco W 6-5
Wednesday: @ Frisco W 4-2
Thursday: @ Frisco L 0-3
Friday: @ Frisco L 6-7
Saturday: @ San Antonio W 7-1
Sunday: @ San Antonio W 4-2
Monday: @ San Antonio W 4-2
Second-half record: 38-32, 2nd in the South Division, seven games behind Midland
Final regular season record: 85-55, 1st in the South Division