Saturday night might prove to be the catalyst the Astros’ Corpus Christi Hooks need to get back on the right foot and climb out of a five-game deficit in the South division.
Down by a run to the Frisco Roughriders in the 9th inning, on Saturday Conrad Gregor‘s homered to center field, tying the game in dramatic fashion. Things were quiet until the 14th inning when Albert Minnis allowed a solo home run to Luis Martes. Nick Tanielu led off the bottom of the inning with a home run. The Hooks would load the bases on a dropped third strike, hit batter, and an intentional walk before Garrett Stubbs knocked in the winning run with a single to right field.
Alejandro was activated from the seven-day disabled list. Gonzalo Sanudo and Chase McDonald was placed on the temporary inactive list. Right-handed pitcher Trent Thornton and outfielder Ramon Laureano both joined the Hooks this week. Chan Moon rejoined the Fresno Grizzlies on Thursday.
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
Monday: @ Midland W 3-2
Tuesday: @ Midland L 2-14
Wednesday: @ Midland L 4-5
Thursday: Frisco L 6-7
Friday: Frisco W 4-3
Saturday: Frisco W 8-7
Sunday: Frisco L 6-7
Second Half Record: 14-16, 3rd in the South Division, five games behind Midland