The Astros’ Hooks Secure 1st Place in the First Half Standings; Send Eight Players to the Texas League All-Star Game.
The Corpus Christi Hooks, the Astros Double-A affiliate, led the way in South Division All-Star representatives, sending four pitchers and four position players to the North vs. South Showdown this week in Springfield, Missouri. The balanced representation mirrors the balanced attack that led the Hooks to their first half title.
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
One of those All-Stars, closer Brendan McCurry, was promoted to AAA this week converting his first save opportunity against the Albuquerque Isotopes on Thursday. Also joining him with the Fresno Grizzlies was infielder Chan-Jong Moon. Ryan Thompson was promoted to the Hooks from Lancaster while Albert Minnis has been assigned to Tri-City on a rehab assignment, then on to Lancaster. Marion Avea has joined the Hooks from Quad Cities.
Monday: San Antonio, W 5-3
Tuesday: San Antonio, W 5-1
Wednesday: San Antonio, L 1-2
Thursday: @ Frisco, W 3-2
Friday: @ Frisco, L 7-8
Saturday: @ Frisco, W 3-0
Sunday: @ Frisco, W 9-2
First Half Record: 47-23, 1st in South Division, eight and one-half games ahead of Frisco
Second Half Record: 4-2, 1st in South Division, tied with Midland