The Houston Astros Future is Bright With Hook’s Players
The Astros Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks continue to pitch well and swing a big stick, extending their lead in the South Division to four games. The pitching staff was dominant, posting a sparkling 2.22 ERA with 58 strikeouts and 18 walks. The offense bashed 23 extra base hits and saw production from nearly every spot in the order – including a hit from every member of the starting nine in Thursday’s win in Midland.
More from Prospects
- Astros 1st-Round Draft Pick Drew Gilbert Done for the Year
- Astros Utility Prospect David Hensley Called Up to MLB
- Who Should the Astros Consider for a September Call-Up?
- Could the Astros Have 2 Rookie Catchers Next Year?
- First-Round Pick Drew Gilbert Already Called Up to Single-A
Kyle Smith was activated from the seven-day disabled list. Trent Woodward was sent down to Lancaster on Friday. To this point, Woodward had been the team’s best offensive option behind the dish, but he has seen his playing time decrease of late to Roberto Pena.
Tuesday: Midland, W 6-1
Wednesday: Midland, W 6-3
Thursday: Midland, W 7-0
Friday: Midland, L 6-7
Saturday: San Antonio, W 5-4
Sunday: San Antonio, W 3-2
Current Record: 39-22, 1st in South Division, four games ahead of Frisco