Astros: Hooks’ Headlines – Carlos Gomez Rehab in Progress
Houston Astros Farm Report: The Hooks Hosted Gomez
TheAstros Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks have been able to mask most of their pitching deficiencies with red hot bats for most of the season. On the season, Hooks pitchers allow 3.80 earned runs per game while Hooks hitters average 4.80 runs per game. Those averages held up this week, good enough for a 4-3 stretch and edging a few games closer to the division leading Frisco Roughriders.
Lefty Chris Cotton was promoted to Fresno this week. He holds a 1.62 ERA with the Hooks this season in 8 appearances. To fill his place, Eric Peterson joined the club from Lancaster and started Kent Emanuel returned from the disabled list.
More from Prospects
- Astros 1st-Round Draft Pick Drew Gilbert Done for the Year
- Astros Utility Prospect David Hensley Called Up to MLB
- Who Should the Astros Consider for a September Call-Up?
- Could the Astros Have 2 Rookie Catchers Next Year?
- First-Round Pick Drew Gilbert Already Called Up to Single-A
Monday: @Midland W 11-7
Tuesday: Arkansas W 7-4
Wednesday: Arkansas W 2-1
Thursday: Arkansas L 4-8
Friday: NW Arkansas W 4-2
Saturday: NW Arkansas L 5-6
Sunday: NW Arkansas L 4-1
Current Record 29-20, 2nd in the South Division, one game back of Frisco.
Next: Hooks Batting