Houston Astros: 2016 Expectations from the Climbing Tal’s Hill Crew
3 of 3
How Far Will the Astros Advance in 2016?
Next, the Climbing Tal’s Hill Staff made a prediction on how far the Astros will go in 2016. For a team with unlimited potential but a general lack of experience, no one really knows what the Astros will do. I think you’ll find these predictions to be very interesting, so here you go:
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
- Eric Huysman: I feel that should the core stay healthy, this team is poised to go deep into the playoffs. The World Series is a possibility this year because of the young group of stars. I could see the Astros vs. Cubs in the World Series, that is my prediction.
- Issa Cook: This team will definitely take the next step from 2015, I’m just not sure how far they will advance afterwards. In the end, Carlos Correa will lead the Astros to a World Series Championship over the Los Angeles Dodgers in Six Games to bring the Houston Astros their first championship in franchise history.
- Michael Knight: The Astros will be World Series Champs in 2016. They have built their way from the bottom, and it all leads up to this season. This is the year.
- Cody Poage: Astros prediction: 90-72, AL West Division Winner. The Astros in 2016 have the capability to win the division. As far as playoffs go, I see them advancing to the ALCS. I think they are bested in a tough six to seven game series that is decided by just a mere run or two.
- Larry Manch: I am a believer that the Astros have what they need to be wildly successful in 2016. I predict the Astros will win 90-95 games this season to take the AL West title, and then go on to win the World Series over the Cubs, 4 games to 1.
- Colin Gay: The Astros will lose in the World Series. I feel as though the talent is there for a deep run. However, that will depend on how they use the trade deadline and prospect call-ups. I also think their back end of the lineup could be boosted up a little.
- Blake Permenter: The Astros will lose to the Giants in the World Series. In the end, I don’t want to jinx them, and even years have worked out pretty well for the Giants recently.
CTH Consensus: Astros Will Go Deeper In Playoffs Than 2015, With Real Championship Possibility
Next: Houston Astros: Grading the 25-Man Roster
Alright, enough of the predictions and the chit-chat, it’s time for some baseball. In just a few short hours, the Astros will take the field against the New York Yankees and a whole new season will begin. Enjoy the ride everyone.