With Opening Day only Two Weeks Away, Here are some Bold Predictions for your Houston Astros
This might sound a bit crazy, but I’ve had a busy month of March with school and Spring Break travel, so I’m going to make three bold predictions for the Astros based on one Spring Training game that I had the fortune of attending in Jupiter, Florida on March 12. Bare with me here, as I think you’ll like my predictions.
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
The game that I attended featured the Astros and the Cardinals in an essential split-squad game for both teams. The Cardinals were in an actual split-squad that afternoon while the Astros did not want to send their star players all the way down to Jupiter for just one game. I expected a boring afternoon game where Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright would dominate, but that was not the result.
The Astros lost 4-3, but there were a lot of role players who shined in defeat. I won’t mention him in my bold predictions, so I’ll go ahead and give Danny Worth credit for hitting a solo home run and RBI double off Wainwright, providing offense for the Astros when no one else could.
Next: Bold Prediction #1: Mike Fiers Will Make American League All-Star Roster