Aug 24, 2015; Bronx, NY, USA; Houston Astros starting pitcher Scott Feldman (46) pitches during the first inning against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports
Since signing with the Astros, Scott Feldman has provided a good service to the Astros. Despite a losing record last season, he posted a 3.74 ERA. This season he has battled through some injuries while posting a 3.90 ERA. Since coming off the DL after all star break, Feldman has posted 2.79 ERA.
More from Astros News
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
After signing a three-year with $28 million, Feldman is entering the final year of his contract at $8 million.
2016 Status and My Recommendation
I think the Astros should put Feldman on this block this winter. Not because of his production. The Astros need to find room for some of their younger MLB ready pitchers such as McCullers and Velasquez. A team in need of pitching could be willing to give up a mid-level prospect for Feldman.
Next: Mike Fiers