Perhaps the number one reason you should hate the Oakland A’s is that as long as Jeff Luhnow is the GM of the Astros, his approach to team-building will always be linked to Billy Beane’s “Moneyball.” Beane may be the guy who made analytics famous in the baseball world, but for heaven’s sakes, these comparisons need to stop. These are two different men with two different approaches that both happen to employ analytics for their decision-making.
The Astros and the A’s – the same (according to some), but they are really different.
These Oakland A’s will be hard to beat. In the tough AL West, the Astros need to have a great season series against them as they try to climb out of the basement. This series could decide the third place winner in the division. There’s no better time than now to start hating them.
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer