Aug 3, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; A view of the Houston Astros logo during the game between the Astros and the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park. The Astros defeated the Blue Jays 6-1. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
So there you go, folks! A few tales that encompass common superstitions, to guys who ignore them, to stories that you have to read twice because they’re so unbelievable.
So now you must run! Hide! Watch out for black cats and broken mirrors, and be sure to avoid walking under ladders! Do not step on a crack or you’ll break your mama’s back! And watch out for guys in hockey masks wielding machetes (FYI- always be wary of them, not just today).
Tell us, Astros fans: what are your favorite (the strangest) baseball superstitions?
More from Climbing Tal's Hill
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer