Today’s 14-5 blowout of the Twins in Minneapolis gave the Houston Astros a 4-2 record for the week. It was the club’s second consecutive week with a winning record and there were plenty of outstanding performances along the way. Today’s game featured grand slam homeruns by both Chris Carter and Jon Singleton.
More from Astros News
- Just how much better is the Houston Astros playoff rotation than the rest?
- Houston Astros: A Lineup Change to Spark Offense
- Astros prospect Hunter Brown throws 6 shutout innings in debut
- Always faithful Astros World Series champion Josh Reddick defends the title
- Michael Conforto declines Astros’ 2-year, $30 million offer
Dexter Fowler had an incredible week. The Astros centerfielder collected 11 hits in 21 at-bats. He also drew six walks, scored six runs, and drove in three. Two doubles, a triple, and a homerun added up to a .524/.630/.857 slash line for Dexter. Fowler now ranks third in the American League in walks (40) and on-base percentage (.397).
Fowler also continues to play outstanding defense. His diving catch in deep left-centerfield in the eighth inning of Friday night’s game was a thing of beauty. Fowler’s incredible grab helped the Astros and Dallas Keuchel secure a 5-4 win. Fowler has been a tremendous addition to the Astros lineup, teaming up with Altuve and Springer at the top of the order to transform the team from a laughing stock into a force to be reckoned with.
Congratulations to Dexter Fowler on winning Star Performer of the Week honors for the second time this season.