Astros News

Fans react to Astros reaching full capacity at next homestand (Twitter)

Mandatory Credit: Thomas Shea-USA TODAY Sports
Mandatory Credit: Thomas Shea-USA TODAY Sports /
facebooktwitterreddit

While COVID-19 restrictions are loosening across the country by guidance of the CDC, the Houston Astros have decided to take the next jump and move to full capacity by the next homestand. The Astros return to Minute Maid Park to face the Los Angeles Dodgers in a two-game set from May 25-26.

Masks will not be required for fully vaccinated attendees, but the team does encourage those not fully vaccinated to wear a mask. There will be the option of taking one as you enter the gates, but the organization hasn’t spoken on whether they can tell if fans are or aren’t vaccinated.

With Minute Maid Park nearing full capacity, fans responded on Twitter.

While many fans still have some unanswered questions about attending games, we know nothing more than what the Astros released in their press release. At the moment, it seems like 75% of the fan base has backed the move while the other 25% are still skeptical. Here are a series of Tweets from fans on the Astros’ new move:

This type of response has been reoccurring with people wanting to reach that feeling of normalcy in baseball and in the world. It does sound like a good money decision with one of the team’s biggest out of league rivals coming to town.

Like mentioned before, there are some unanswered questions, but at the moment, it doesn’t seem like there will be a needed proof of vaccination when entering the stadium. As always, it is your choice to still wear a mask or not (per the Astros), as the team is moving away from the mandate.

Other fans have shown their displeasure with how the organization and staff has enforced the mask mandate. While watching from home, you can see those without masks in the stands, which is where this fan might be coming from as well.

This is just a series of how people feel with the Astros’ decision moving forward. In no way are we targeting anyone’s opinion, but there is a sense of happiness from the fan base on moving to full capacity.

dark. Next. 2 prospects that could make their debut this year

While we aren’t taking a stance on the Astros latest move, fans have shown they are pleased with the decision. In the minor leagues, all four levels will eventually reach full capacity at games by the middle of June.

facebooktwitterreddit