After a Crazy Round of 64, Check Out Who’s Still In and Who’s Out of the Tournament.
Alright, wow, what a crazy weekend it was. Astros Twitter Madness fever surely swept through the Astros fanbase, encapsulating us for a few days while we anxiously await Opening Day in a week. The Round of 64 came with many upsets and also some contenders cruising to big victories. For a couple of days, #AstrosTwitterMadness became the talk of Astros Twitter:
While it became clear that not every Astros fan supported the idea, Climbing Tal’s Hill was happy to receive some positive feedback for the idea. We think it’s cool too that Astros fans have found new people to follow that they may not have known, and maybe learned a couple more facts or interesting anecdotes about the team along the way.
Alright, here are the updated brackets heading into the Round of 32:
Keuchel Region: http://challonge.com/AstrosTwitterMadnessKeuchel
Springer Region: http://challonge.com/AstrosTwitterMadnessSpringer
Altuve Region: http://challonge.com/AstrosTwitterMadnessAltuve
Correa Region: http://challonge.com/AstrosTwitterMadnessCorrea
Also, here are some quick bulleted highlights from the high-intensity Round of 64:
- In the Correa Region, Michael Knight pulled off the upset over former Climbing Tal’s Hill editor and current Astros in Orbit editor Jason Burke. Knight showed how powerful the young world can be in influencing social media voting.
- Also in the Correa Region, Bill Brown chimed in to the competition after advancing to take on Greis in the Round of 32.
- In the Springer Region, @AstrosOptimism overcame a hard-fought battle vs. House of Houston to move on to the Round of 32. The power of optimism was just a little too strong in this one, pulling out a 51% to 49% victory.
- The Altuve Region had a couple of close contests, incluing Tyler Stafford almost overtaking Climbing Tal’s Hill in our own tournament, and Sac Town Browns Fan (the awesome Astros pictures guy) edging out Andy Pondillo, a former contributor to CTH.
- Last but not least, the Keuchel Region failed to provide any surprises in the tournament, but at least it got Matt Thomas paying attention…
Overall, the Round of 64 was a fun time. #AstrosTwitterMadness will continue today with the Round of 32, so GET ON TWITTER AND VOTE!