After batting .320/.405/.467 in Single-A Quad Cities last season, 19-year old top prospect Carlos Correa made quite the impression in his first game at High-A Lancaster with four runs batted in on three hits Thursday.
Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
Combined Affiliate Records: 2-2
Triple-A Oklahoma City RedHawks vs. Round Rock Express: W, 7-6 (F/11) [Box]
Recap: One big half-inning each knotted the score at 5-5 for seven innings before George Springer‘s RBI single to score Ronald Torreyes in the top of the 11th gave the RedHawks their first lead of the game. Catcher Max Stassi then drove in center fielder Austin Wates for what wound up being the winning run. Jason Stoffel struck out both batters he faced and sealed the win for OKC.
* RF George Springer – 2-for-5, 2 H, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K
* CF Adron Chambers – 2-for-3, HR, 3 RBI
* SP Rudy Owens – 4.0 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO
* RHP Mike Foltynewicz – 3.1 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 3 SO
Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks vs. Tulsa Drillers: L, 5-4 (F/11) [Box]
Recap: In 2013, Brady Rodgers made a spot start for Corpus Christi and pitched five scoreless innings. Now a permanent member of the Hooks, Rodgers gave a similar performance. Scattered runs throughout the game did not give the game a decided winner after nine innings. The Hooks were not able to hold onto their 11th inning lead — giving up two runs in the bottom of the frame in a walk-off defeat.
* RF Andrew Aplin – 2-for-5, R, RBI, K, 2 SB
* DH Preston Tucker – 2-for-5, R, RBI
* SP Brady Rodgers – 5.0 IP, ER, HR, BB, 3 SO
High-A Lancaster JetHawks vs. Lake Elisnore Storm: W, 8-2 [Box]
Recap: Vincent Velasquez struck out seven in his four innings start for Lancaster. The JetHawks broke the game open with six runs in the fifth and sixth innings, led by a big High-A debut from Carlos Correa.
* SS Carlos Correa – 3-for-4, 4 RBI, 0 LOB
*2B Anthony Kemp – 2-for-3, 4 R, 2B, 2 BB
* SP Vincent Velasquez – 4.o IP, 2 H, ER, 3 BB, 7 SO
* RHP Kyle Westwood – 4.0 IP, 4 H, ER, SO
Single-A Quad Cities River Bandits vs. Kane County Cougars: L, 8-4 [Box]
Recap: 2013 second round pick Andrew Thurman was roughed up in his first four innings of Single-A work as the Cougars jumped out to an early 5-0 lead. Quad Cities clawed within two with three runs in the bottom of the third, but ultimately fell short.
* CF James Ramsey – 3-for-5, R, 2B
* 2B Austin Elkins – 2-for-4, 3B, 2 RBI, SB
* SP Andrew Thurman – 4.0 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO
* RHP Tyler Brunnemann – 2.0 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, 2 SO