Arizona Fall League Summary: 11/11-11/13
CTH logo by John Burgess & Greg Thurston
After an off day on Sunday, Peoria was back in action on Monday. Let’s take a look at how the Javelinas performed this week as the season begins to wind down.
November 11th- Lost 4-0 to Mesa
November 12th- Lost 8-1 to Mesa
November 13th- Won 7-6 over Surprise
Now, let’s take a look at how the Astros’ players performed in these games.
- Japhet Amador has continued to be a source of power. He went 2-7 which brought his average to .284, and the power hitter did strike out three times. However, more importantly, Amador hit a two-run homer which was his fourth on the fall, giving him a total of 12 RBI’s.
- Jonathan Meyer took part in all three games and went 2-9. The third baseman’s average now sits at .267, and in this recent stretch he added a walk and a run scored while striking out twice.
- Nolan Fontana appeared in just one game and continued to struggle. Fontana went 0-3 with a walk and strikeout while scoring a run. The shortstop’s average fell to .115.
- Delino DeShields also only played one game in this recent stretch going 1-2 with a double and a strikeout while raising his average to .262.
- On the pitching side of things, Andrew Robinson pitched a perfect inning to bring his ERA to 3.97.
- For one of the few times this fall, Alex Sogard struggled. Sogard didn’t retire a batter while allowing four runs (three earned) on three walks and a hit. His ERA now sits at 3.65.