Peoria faced off against the undefeated Mesa Solar Sox on Wednesday and lost 3-1 falling to 3-4 on the season.
Offensively, there wasn’t much going on for the Javelinas, but it was a good day for the Astros from a pitching perspective. Let’s take a look at who did what.
- Nolan Fontana was back at shortstop and also in the second spot in the batting order. Fontana went 1-4 with one strikeout while raising his average to .176.
- Japhet Amador had another strong game out of the cleanup hole going 2-4 with an RBI double while seeing his average rise to .313. Not surprisingly, he was pinch run for late in the game, and he also struck out twice.
- Jonathan Meyer got the start on Wednesday, and went 0-3 with a walk and a strikeout and is now hitting .222 so far this fall.
- Matt Heidenreich got his second start of the fall, and continued his success. The 22-year old pitched three scoreless innings once again allowing one hit and three walks while striking out four batters. After struggling this season in AA Corpus Christi, Heidenreich needed a strong fall campaign to redeem himself, and so far he is doing just that.
- Jonas Dufek continued to pitch well out of the bullpen as he added a perfect eighth inning while striking out a batter.
Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports