On Saturday, Peoria took on the Scottsdale Scorpions and continued their losing ways falling to 3-7 on the season. There was a lot of offense in the 12-7 battle as the teams combined for 25 hits, with the Javelinas recording 11 of them.
Let’s take a look at how the Astros’ players did.
- Delino DeShields was in the leadoff spot once again, and he had a mild amount of success. The centerfielder went 1-4 with an RBI single to bring his average to .231 on the season. DeShields did work a walk and stole a base, but he also struck out twice and made an error in the field. It is still a work in progress for the speedster.
- After a few good games, Japhet Amador took a step back going 0-4 with three strikeouts and a sacrifice fly.
- Jonathan Meyer got the start at third base batting in the ninth spot. He went 2-4 with an RBI single, while scoring two runs bringing his average up to .308. Meyer also made his second error of the fall.
- Andrew Robinson pitched a scoreless inning as he danced out of trouble after allowing a walk and a hit while striking out one batter.
- Alex Sogard allowed a walk but also was done in by his fielders as he gave up an unearned run and got credited with the loss. Sogard also had one strikeout.
- Jonas Dufek pitched the last two innings of the game and gave up his first run this fall. Dufek allowed two hits and a walk to go along with two strikeouts bringing his ERA to 1.80.