Houston Astros: Let’s Trade for Starter Recap
By Eric Huysman
Let’s Trade with the Phillies Part 2
More from Astros Rumors
- Astros Trade Jake Odorizzi to Braves for Will Smith
- Houston Astros Acquire Christian Vazquez from Boston Red Sox
- Houston Astros: A Complete 2022 Trade Deadline Primer
- Houston Astros Acquire Trey Mancini From the Orioles
- Could a Ji-man Choi Trade Move the Needle for the Astros?
This was my second idea, even though I was not in love with the idea of the Astros trading for Aaron Harang, but he is having a decent season. I wouldn’t give up too much to the Phillies to get Harang. Let’s look at some excerpts from my trade idea below, the full article can be found here.
As our let’s make a trade for a starting pitcher series comes to a close, another name came up in an article by Jon Heyman. This name may not be an exciting name, but he could be a good cheap add to the Astros rotation. Here is the quote from Heyman’s latest Inside Baseball. “Aaron Harang, who could emerge as a trade target for many teams, has at least been discussed by the Astros, who need to lengthen their rotation.”
It’s hard to predict what to expect from Harang, but with an improved offensive team, Harang could produce a few more wins for a team that trades for him.
What would Jeff Luhnow have to give up for an older rental player? Even though it’s hard to predict what the Astros will do. The Phillies regretted including Domingo Santana as the player to be named later in the Hunter Pence trade. Maybe the trade could be centered on Santana and maybe a lower level pitching prospect such asAdrian Houser.
The Trade Idea
The Houston Astros trade (of) Domingo Santana and (RHP)Adrian Houser to the Philadephia Phillies for (RHP) Aaron Harang and cash
What did the Readers Think of the Trade Idea?
Sounds good, Luhnow make it so! – 20%
N0, the Phillies would not accept. – 0%
No, Astros giving up too much. – 80%
- Trade with Cleveland SP for Houston RP plus prospect SP. I will let Luhnow work out the details, but the discussion would start with Trevor Bauer for Chad Qualls and Tony Sipp.
- I like Harang for Santana and a low-level prospect
- None, keep our young prospects. That’s the plan.
- No trade for Harang.
- Too much for an old rental player.
Next: Let's Trade With the Brewers