Peoria was back on the field Saturday against the Salt River Rafters. The Javelinas fell to 10-17 on the season as they lost 7-2 with Astros prospect Matt Heidenreich ending up on the short side of the result.
Let’s take a look at how the Astros performed.
- Delino DeShields got the start in the leadoff spot and did his best to get things started for the Javelinas. The centerfielder went 2-4 with a triple and a strikeout raising his average to .254. So far it has been an up and down fall for DeShields, but he has been more good than bad while showing potential.
- Before being pinch hit for in the sixth inning, Japhet Amador went 0-2 with a strikeout bringing his average down to .283.
- Jonathan Meyer built on his good game from Wednesday going 2-2 with a double and an RBI bringing his average up to a robust .306.
- Heidenreich had a rough start, but it could have been worse. In his four innings he gave up three runs (two earned) on seven hits and two walks while striking out three batters. The loss brought the starter’s record to 1-1 and raised his ERA to 2.65.
- Andrew Robinson had a rough go of it in his one inning of work giving up three runs on three hits and a walk.
- Alex Sogard pitched a perfect inning with a strikeout. His ERA now sits at 1.46 on the fall.