Let’s get caught up with the individual game results.
- November 5th: 4-0 loss to Scottsdale
- November 6th: 6-5 victory over Surprise
- November 7th: 14-5 loss to Surprise
- November 8th: 3-1 loss to Salt River
Now, it is time to check in on how the individual Astros’ players did.
- Nolan Fontana‘s fall has not been going as planned. I am aware that he has been been working on things, so that must be taken into account here, but his performance has left something to be desired. Fontana’s average is now down to .122 on the season, and the shortstop went 0-5 with a strikeout in the most recent stretch. However, the good thing here, is that Fontana walked three times.
- Delino DeShields appeared in three of the last four games going 1-9 which brought his is average to .245. DeShields scored a run, walked twice, and struck out three times. His one hit was a big one, as it brought in two runs.
- Japhet Amador had a hit in each of his two games going 2-9 with two strikeouts and a home run. Amador has shown an ability to hit for power as that was his third home run and 10th RBI to go along with a .293 average.
- Jonathan Meyer appeared in one game and had success going 3-5 with two RBI’s and a strikeout which brought his average up to .265.
- Andrew Robinson pitched an inning earning a win while giving up two hits in a scoreless frame. Robinson’s ERA is now 1.93.
- Jonas Dufek also had an inning of work allowing two hits, and one run while striking out a batter. Dufek’s ERA rose to 2.89 with that performance.
Topics: Houston Astros