On Monday afternoon Peoria had an extra inning game against the Scottsdale Scorpions losing 7-4 to bring their record to 9-13 for the season.
There was more bad than good individually for the Astros in the loss. Let’s take a look at how they did.
- Delino DeShields got the start in the leadoff spot, but he didn’t do much to get the Javelinas started. DeShields was 0-4 with a sacrifice, but on the bright side he didn’t strike out. This brought the centerfielder’s average down to .260.
- Japhet Amador was back batting cleanup for Peoria on Monday. The slugging first basemen went 2-4 with a double and his ninth RBI of the season. This brought Amador’s average up to .306 on the fall.
- Nolan Fontana continued his struggles going 0-4 with three strikeouts. It has not been a good fall for the shortstop as his average now sits at .136.
- The opposition finally got to Matt Heidenreich as he gave up three runs over four innings in Monday’s start. The runs came on four hits and two walks including a home run. Heidenreich’s ERA now sits at 2.08 for the season.
- Alex Sogard relieved his teammate and pitched a perfect fifth inning with two strikeouts which brought his ERA to 1.59.