Peoria got back on track Monday with a 4-0 victory over the Scottsdale Scorpions. After the last stretch of rough performances, it was good to see the Javelinas find their way back to win column bringing their record to 6-11.
From a pitching perspective, it was a very good day for the Astros. Let’s take a look at how the Houston prospects did today.
- Delino DeShields was once again at the top of the order and certainly did a good job of getting on base. The centerfielder came to the plate four times, and walked in three of those appearances and scored two runs. That is what you need your leadoff hitter to do, and DeShields certainly played a large part in the win.
- Japhet Amador continued his strong fall going 2-4 with a double, RBI, and run scored. This brought his average up to .325 on the fall.
- Nolan Fontana kept on struggling as he went 0-3 from the ninth spot in the order bringing his average down to .121.
- Matt Heidenreich‘s success was extended on Monday as he pitched three scoreless innings allowing only one hit while striking out two batters. He has still yet to allow an earned run this fall.
- Alex Sogard got the hold as he pitched two scoreless innings allowing just one hit while also striking out a batter. This brought his ERA to 1.93 so far this season.