Peoria took the field again Wednesday afternoon against Surprise. The Javelinas lost 9-5 falling to 0-2 on the season.
Let’s take a look at how the Astros’ players did:
- Delino DeShields got the start today batting lead-off and playing center field. DeShields went 1-4 with an RBI double while striking out twice. The speedster did however get thrown out trying to steal third base after his double.
- Since it was Wednesday, Jonathan Meyer got the start at third base. Meyer went 1-3 in his four plate appearances. The third baseman had an RBI double, walked, and scored two runs. In the field, he started a double play but also had a throwing error.
- Matt Heidenreich got the start for Peoria, and pitched three hitless innings. Heidenreich’s lone blemish was two walks, and he also struck out two batters.
- Alex Sogard relieved his teammate and got credit with the blown save. In 1.2 innings, Sogard allowed three runs (only one of which was earned), on four hits and one walk. Part of what did Sogard in, was Meyer’s error.
- Andrew Robinson closed out the game for Peoria with 1.2 innings of one run ball. Robinson allowed two hits, one of which was a solo home run, while striking out one batter.